Monday, October 29, 2007

Countdown: Whoa

I think I'm doing Lamaze breathing... whoo whoo whoo whoo! I feel like I'm walking with roller skates: Oh! Watch it! Ahhh, careful...! They've thrown a wrench in the transportation works; whereas we're usually carried, without thought or concern, from midtown to the start on a big bus; now we have to get ourselves to the S.I. ferry, then we'll get on the big bus (major construction on the V. Bridge). At first: Oh NO! Disruption in PLAN! Then: Wait a minute, that's so easy. These are the benefits of living in the town where you're running.

My sister blows in on Thursday night and gets to stay through Wednesday. We're making plans all around Sunday, with, "Oh, right, we'll do that thing on Sunday...". Gads. And the clock changes that night!

I can see said bridge from a conf room here at work, so I'm trying to visualize that first mile. There are signs all over town. They paint the blue line this week. We're looking at low 60s, partly cloudy; that's a little warm, it's a LITTLE WARM. Everything is exaggerated, you know?